Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 server error on payment settings page

500 server error on payment settings page

Posted: October 17, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tom Howard

October 17, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I’ve looked at previous posts regarding 500 server errors and I’ve done everything – changed to default template, deactivated all plugins, updated all current plugins, etc, etc. I still get a 500 server error when trying to access the payment settings page. I need any suggestions you have on how to fix this.
    Thanks!

Dean

• Support Staff

October 17, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Hi Tom,

What site are you getting the error on? The only non localhost site we have on file for you is returning a 509 error, Bandwidth exceeded.

Tom Howard

October 19, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I updated my license so it would show up correctly. For some reason it was still showing up as localhost. I’ve updated my account and license on the website. The one I added was GM. Let me know if you have any idea why I’m still getting the 500 server error. I can’t figure it out. Thanks!

Dean

• Support Staff

October 20, 2013 at 11:07 pm

There is nothing obvious from the front end.

Is it possible to get your login details in order to look into this?

If so, please send them via http://staging.eventespresso.com/send-login-details/

NOTE: login details need to be Admin level and FTP details are appreciated.

Tom Howard

October 22, 2013 at 7:39 pm

login credentials were sent. Let me know what else you need.
        Thanks!

Josh

October 22, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Hi Tom,

I looked into this and it turns out that your server apparently has the fopen function locked down. Event Espresso does a check on the payment gateways settings page to see whether your site can load up as https in order to present the correct gateway options. I’ve disabled this check for now in the paypal gateway’s settings.php file so you can load up the payment settings page now.

It may be possible to check with your host to see if they’ll configure the server to allow fopen. There are other functions that will use that as well (one I can think of off the top of my head is the invoice generator).

Viewing 5 reply threads

The support post ‘500 server error on payment settings page’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso - Staging Server