Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 1 Click updates not working

1 Click updates not working

Posted: September 9, 2013 at 1:28 am

Viewing 8 reply threads

bbairstow

September 9, 2013 at 1:28 am

Hi

I am not getting prompted for 1 click updates on my new site(in development) and my existing site has the same error message as many other posters about :
    “You have the correct Site License Key for Event Espresso but your current membership access only allows for automatic upgrades on one domain. Please log into your account to manage your Site License Keys or purchase a support license now.” Even though I have multi site account.

Dean

• Support Staff

September 9, 2013 at 3:28 am

Hi,

I reset your licence keys. For some reason the development site had two keys attached to it, which may have been an issue. Please remove the keys from your site and save settings. Add them back and re-save. Make sure each site has a different key.

bbairstow

September 9, 2013 at 4:34 am

thank you

bbairstow

September 9, 2013 at 4:54 am

You guys did a bit of customisation for us on some of the fields – will 1 click potentially overwrite that?

Dean

• Support Staff

September 9, 2013 at 5:02 am

Yes! Potentially at least, it depends on the customisation. We try to keep the custom work in the uploads folder, but sometimes a client will ask for customisation that can only be done in core files, though we highly recommend against that.

If the customisation has been done in the uploads folder (which it does sound like but I cant confirm) then while updating Event Espresso will not delete those customisations, they may need to be tweaked as we sometimes change the template files.

bbairstow

September 9, 2013 at 6:45 am

Chris did the changes he may remember where they are?

Josh

September 9, 2013 at 11:31 am

Hi there,

Chris no longer works for Event Espresso. I looked through some of the emails that were sent back and forth and since these customizations were done over one year ago this is a good indication that the modified files will need to be updated along with updating Event Espresso in order to be compatible with the newer version just as Dean has advised.

bbairstow

September 9, 2013 at 6:42 pm

okay – so do i just update then get someone to fix anything that goes wrong – i cant really update around those files.

Josh

September 10, 2013 at 11:25 am

I can advise looking in the files via FTP. It’s likely that everything that Chris added will be in /wp-content/uploads/espresso/, likely in /wp-content/uploads/espresso/templates or /wp-content/uploads/espresso/gateways. There might even be some code in /wp-content/uploads/espresso/custom_functions.php

If there were changes made to core (in which case Chris would have warned about updating) these should be backed up.

Another thing to do in this case would be to clone the website onto a development server (using a plugin like wp db migrate pro to sync the database) then run the update there and test first before updating on the live site.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The support post ‘1 Click updates not working’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso - Staging Server